Dean: Prof. K Subramanyam Ph.D.
Co-ordinator: Sri Anil
Prof. K Subramanyam Dean, Division of Yoga & Humanities has a specialization in English Literature (American and lndo-Anglian as optionals) and Philosophy (Gandhian Philosophy – optional). He is presently the Honorary Adviser, Vivekananda College, Tiruvekadam, Madurai District. He has been a Member, NAAC peer team. He has authored 14 books on various topics including books on Education. He has presented and published a large number of papers on socially relevant and spiritual topics. He is a prolific speaker with an ability to weave magic with his words, with a capacity to talk to people at all levels.
This Division of Yoga and Humanities includes the Department of Linguistics, Fine arts and department of History, Sociology and Anthropology.
- Department of Linguistics – Dr. Sarasvati Mohan
- Department of Fine Arts and Sports – Sri S.K.Rajesh
- Department of History, Sociology and Anthropology – Smt. Subadra Devi
|Objectives of Divsion:|
- To bring values in social life and create persons to offer services to the physically,mentally and socially deprived persons in the society.
- To promote and evolve measures of harmony and ecology.
- To bring in the holistic vision and tools of Yoga and spiritual lore in the fields of sports, arts, music, dance, history, anthropology and astrology to build ideal social orders.
Each Department offers short-term courses as well as elective courses to be chosen by MSc and PhD students. There are both theory and practical courses offered as electives.
The Department of Linguistics offers training and education in English(mainly), Hindi, Kannada and other languages to enhance the capacity of the students for conversation and to develop the skill of training.
The Department of Fine Arts and Sports offers courses in music, dance, drama, painting, cartoons, etc. and trains the students to develop their artistic faculties. Carnatic, Hindusthani as well as Western music are imparted with yogic dimensions included in them. Computer graphics etc. are also used and taught to the students.
The Department of History, Sociology & Anthropology offers short-term courses bringing in the dimensions of yoga and spiritual lore in understanding the history of our country. The newer anthropological dimensions found recently are taught; the sociological aspects of yoga and spiritual lore, to create ideal social orders will be covered in the course offered in these departments.